The Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation is currently hiring for these positions:
Social Worker (full time)
Job descriptions and details below.
To Apply: Email or mail cover letter and resume no later than February 17, 2023.
Amy Snow, Executive Director
Email: [email protected]
Mail: P.O. Box 4591 Frankfort, KY 40604
The Social Worker will be among the first full time staff hired by the foundation. The function of this position is to provide intensive and/or therapeutic social work services through the assessment of child and family needs. This position will collaborate with community partners to help ensure children and families are able to have basic needs met and are empowered to advocate for themselves, to work towards self sufficiency.
Reports to Director of Programs
1. Provides intensive and/or therapeutic social work services through the assessment of
child and family needs
2. Collaborate with community partners to help ensure children and families are able to
have basic needs met and are empowered to advocate for themselves, to work towards
● WJRF direct point of contact with child and families
● Document all referrals and communication with families in software system
● Provide families with support by ensuring they are aware of benefits through CHFS and
other community resources including mental health, substance use, and any additional
● Assist caregivers with legal paperwork including custody and guardianship
● Meet with family members who are incarcerated
● Keep and provide an updated list of community resources in Frankfort and in
● Determine barriers to families success and work with family to identify solutions to
eliminating those barriers
● Provide supports and collaboration to incarcerated parents participating in an
evidenced-based parenting curriculum with a WJRF instructor.
● Excellent spoken and written communication skills
● Excellent ability to organize, manage multiple tasks and prioritize
● Excellent teamwork skills
● Knowledge of computer skills, database management
● A master’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology,
marriage and family therapy or a related field. Minimum two
years work experience.
● 7+ years work experience will substitute for the master’s degree.
● Passionate and committed to working with children and families.
● Enjoys working in a diverse and inclusive setting
● Able to work evenings and weekends, as needed
● Sound social media content
Terms of Employment
Primary Location: Franklin County Regional Jail and WJRF office
Salary Range: Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
The Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation, Inc. is an independent, non-partisan 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that fosters partnerships aimed at healing and unifying our community. We welcome a diversity of ideas and experiences in our search for equitable and inclusive solutions to address the impact of parental incarceration on children and youth.
The Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive community by recognizing, respecting, and celebrating individual differences and commonalities in our board members, families, volunteers, community partners and staff.