In order to serve and improve outcomes for Central Kentucky youth impacted by incarceration and help them succeed in school and their communities, the Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation is excited to offer two $1000 scholarships funded by the WJRF Adam Hyatt Memorial Scholarship Fund to qualified candidates from high schools within Frankfort Independent and Franklin County Schools.
All candidates to be considered must be directly impacted by incarceration, including: a parent and/or family member’s current or previous incarceration and must have at least a 2.5 high school GPA.
- The scholarship will be a one time award in the amount of $1000 and will be paid directly to the institution of higher learning.
- In all matters, the Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation board shall have final discretion in the interpretation of guidelines in awarding the scholarship.
Candidates will be selected using the following criteria:
- Applicants must have met the requirements for graduating in the current school year from a high school in Franklin County, Kentucky.
- All applicants will complete the application form and provide a high school transcript. The application form can be obtained from the guidance counselors and/or FRYSC coordinator from their schools.
- All applicants will provide one letter of recommendation from a non-relative adult who can verify the skills, activities, and background information set forth in the application.
The scholarship will be based on a combination of factors including: impacted by incarceration; academic achievement; community involvement; plan for success in higher education; and the essay.
Deadline for submitting application and all supporting materials: May 1, 2020.