5 Ways to Celebrate our 5th Anniversary
FIVE YEARS! The Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation has been growing our impact for five years this month. It all started in Fall of 2018 with big ideas, coffee shop meetups and a mission to serve our community. Things have grown, programs have developed, grants have been written, staff has been hired… but our mission remains the focus; to serve youth and children impacted by incarceration.
The fifth anniversary gift is wood, symbolizing strong roots and something that’s made to last. While we don’t have a need for wooden gifts (unless you want to construct us a building), we are proud of the relationships we have created for long term impact and the plans we have made for a better future.
As we hit a milestone, here are five ways you can celebrate with us:
- Become a Sustainer. Our Annual Giving Program is called The Family Circle. Sustainers pledge $300 annually for five years or a one time gift of $1,200. By making a donation annually, you can grow your impact and help sustain the Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation over time. Our goal this month is to reach 50 Sustainers for our 5th Anniversary! Learn more.
- Purchase a Raffle Ticket. We’re doing our first raffle ever on October 11. Tickets are on sale now through October 10. The raffle is $10 tickets for a chance to win $1,500 cash! 100% of profits goes directly to the WJRF. To purchase a raffle ticket, please reach out to us or a board member.
- Volunteer. We always need volunteers! Opportunities vary and we are happy to work with any amount of time you’d like to give us.
- Become a Mentor. There is a huge need for mentors in Frankfort. Having access to at least one positive role model is a major predictor of resilience in kids. The Wanda Joyce Robinson Foundation wants to provide that and much more for kids in our community. Becoming a mentor is a serious commitment, but it’s one that will make a huge impact for you and others.
- Give us a shoutout. Word of mouth is the easiest and fastest way for people to learn about a nonprofit. Telling people about us helps in multiple ways- importantly, it helps us connect to families that need our services AND it helps us reach people that can support us financially. This could be as simple as following us on facebook, sharing a post, leaving us a review, forwarding our emails to friends and family or just talking about us.
It really does take a village and we have a great one! Thank you for being here. Get ready for the next five years… we have big ideas and we are here to see them through. Here’s the to next milestone!